Welcome to Emmanuel Episcopal Church!
Wherever you may be in your journey, you're welcome to become part of our church family. The people of Emmanuel Episcopal Church celebrate God and serve our community throughout the week.
Our Sunday services are held at 8:00, 9:00 and 10:30 AM.
Our 9:00 AM service, Children at Heart, is a worship service where children are included and important. Little ones sing songs, hear sermons they can understand and serve in special roles.
Emmanuel Episcopal Church's commitment to outreach in downtown Rockford extends back 30 years to the purchase of the Franklin School property next door where the first soup kitchens were held that winter. Learn more about outreach opportunities here.
Get to know us here, listen to our sermons, and know that we look forward to seeing you!
Welcoming. Celebrating. Serving.
- Welcoming all people into our church family.
- Celebrating the presence of God in Christ through the rich worship of our Episcopal tradition.
- Serving the needs of our local community through creative outreach programs.
Our vision is of a vibrant, growing church in which individuals form relationships with God and with one another in a way that empowers us to serve the needs of all God's people.
OUR SHARED VALUES
Emmanuel Episcopal Church Shared Values
- Hospitality: We will embody the hospitality of Christ by welcoming, serving, and dignifying all people.
- Communication: We will strive to listen and communicate faithfully and respectfully to others, to be responsible to our commitments, and to be open to new ideas.
- Inclusiveness: We will welcome difference and diversity in beliefs, opinions and ways of life; being open to learning from others.
- Integrity: We will speak and act in ways that are consistent with our communal values and hold ourselves accountable.
- Creativity: We will seek to foster creativity and imagination in worship, programs, and outreach.
Emmanuel is in the Episcopal Diocese of Chicago.